Friday, February 13, 2009

The slow death of print media.


Just a quick rant.

After a long day at work yesterday, I got off the elevator to find the hall of my apartment building littered with the 2009 Yellow Pages. Lets analyze those last three words one more time. 2009 Yellow Pages. Yes, I know what your thinking. There are still Yellow Pages?

Let me start with a question. When is the last time you opened a yellow pages to find information? My guess if your reading this blog, is 1982. What an enormous waste of resources (can you hear me shaking my bag of granola). My recommendation to Yellow Pages: encourage people to use their advertising dollars a little wiser and get their information put online, or if already there to kick it up a notch. I understand there is a segment of the population who can't imagine the world without yellow pages, and have it around just in case Armageddon kicks in, but seriously is Google that intimidating?

Anyway, since I can imagine the YP book will be floating around for at least another decade, all I ask is that: the company does a little demographic research and give this artifact to those that actually think they need it, throw it directly in the recycling bin instead of leaving it at my front door, or here’s a novel concept...create an opt out program!


JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment